“This Is The Place” is a conference for celebrating our lives, our spirituality, and our heritage. The Place to be authentic as LGBT/SSA and Mormon. The Place for joy, healing, spirit, and celebration. It’s also The Place for families, parents, friends and church leaders of LGBT/SSA Mormons to come together and support their loved ones in their journeys.
Sample topics include:
• Reconciling being LGBT and Mormon. Finding a place of harmony in your life where you are at peace with both aspects of self.
• Learning self-protection strategies and techniques in the face of conflict, misunderstanding and/or rejection by family, friends, and church members.
• Identifying and working through various life transitions that may promote a more healthy and productive life.
• Building a beautiful life and family together with your current or future spouse/partner/companion.
• Finding ways to grow spiritually as either an active or inactive LGBT Mormon.
• Sharing of individual authentic testimonies and spiritual stories
• Seeing the subject of homosexuality in the scriptures through an affirming perspective.
• Learning how to be a support to your family member, friend or fellow church member who has told you about their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
• Sharing examples of how LDS priesthood and auxiliary leaders are creating welcoming and inclusive ward communities and empowering LGBT/SSA Mormons to make valuable contributions in the Church despite relationship or official Church worthiness status.
We will also socialize, rekindling old friendships and making new ones as we learn, sing, eat, dance, and give service together.
This year you will also have the opportunity to gather in Affirmation’s Affinity Groups to discuss topics that YOU will help identify and refine based on the Affinity Group that interests you and your input via a pre-conference survey. Register sooner than later so you can influence the subject of your group.
Bring your family and friends again with you this year! Our 2013 conference was attended by over 400 people, many of whom said it was a transformational experience in their lives. We had mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, grandmothers, brothers, sisters, friends, allies, and church leaders from all over the world attend!
Register today! You can also go ahead and reserve a hotel room at the University Guest House & Conference Center at a discounted conference rate by mentioning you are part of the Affirmation conference. Join our Facebook event, or follow us on Twitter to receive updates via social media.
See you soon!!!
Affirmation – LGBT Mormons, Families & Friends
#ThePlace #Affirmation #LDSLGBT
- We support LGBTQ/SSA Mormons and their families, friends and Church leaders in seeking to live productive lives consistent with their faith or heritage.
- We provide a loving, inclusive community for all LGBTQ/SSA people, regardless of how they identify in their sexual orientation, gender identity, or faith.
- We encourage spirituality and empower LGBTQ/SSA Mormons to make valuable contributions within and outside of the Church.
- We organize local gatherings and international conferences, provide informational resources, and work for dialogue within the Church.
- Affirmation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We serve thousands of LGBTQ/SSA Mormons, Families, Friends, and Church Leaders worldwide.
- For more information visit www.affirmation.org